AP9050 is designed to protect the latest generation of PMICs for portable applications such as UMPCs, smartphones and others utilizing battery power.
The integrated LDO allows the PMIC to power up and determine whether the connected power supply (USB or AC-DC wall adapter) is valid and a safe operation can be performed.
The PMIC controls the operation of the integrated n-channel MOSFET to either pass the line voltage or disconnect the line from the PMIC to protect its internal circuits in the event of an over-voltage.
The AP9050 is available in a low-profile U-DFN2020-6 package.
• Input Supply Range from 3V to 30V
• Lower Power Dissipation and Higher Efficiency as
compared to a Zener Shunt Regulator
• LDO is stable without a bypass capacitor on the output
and operates across the temperature range
• Available in a U-DFN2020-6 package with a typical
height of 0.575mm
• Power Interface for New Generation PMICs
• Charger Front End Protection
• Cell Phone
• Ultra Mobile PC